AMTRAK PRESS RELEASES - TEXAS EAGLE OPERATIONS
- Statement Regarding the Texas Eagle
Which Has Been Scheduled for Discontinuance - March 20, 1997.
- Amtrak Statement Regarding Legislative Action on
Continued Operation of the Texas Eagle - May 8, 1997.
- Amtrak Texas Eagle Termination
Postponed - May 9, 1997.
- Amtrak Texas Eagle Returns to Full Service and
Changes Days of Operation - June 10, 1997.
- Amtrak to Continue Operation of the Texas Eagle
- July 26, 1997.
- Customer Friendly Changes for the Sunset
Limited--Orlando Service Restored - August 14, 1997.
- Amtrak Announces Future Plans for New
Angeles Frequency via Texas - October 10, 1997.
- Two for One Companion Fares on the Texas
Eagle - January 6, 1998.
- Amtrak and the Texas Eagle Coalition Celebrate new
Texas Eagle-California Service - February 6, 1998.
- Surface Transportation Board Validates Amtrak
Express Program -- Dismissing Union Pacific Objections - May 29, 1998.
- New Texas Eagle Service to Hot Springs National
Park, Arkansas - June 11, 1998.
- Great Trains of the West Post Ridership Gains;
Increase on Texas Eagle - July 3, 1998.
- Motorcoaches make Amtrak Connections between
Antonio and Brownsville, Texas - September 29, 1998.
- Texas Eagle Derails near Dallas -
- San Antonio Station Celebration - February 20, 1999.
- Early Repayment of Loan to State of Texas - May 18, 1999.
- Amtrak Becoming Operationally Self-Sufficient. Texas
Eagle Achieves 17% Ridership Increase for Quarter. - January 23, 2000.
- Amtrak Begins New Millenium with Strong Gains in Revenue and Ridership - May 11, 2000.
- All_Time Revenue and 10-Year Ridership Records Set as Amtrak Continues Strong Summer Performance - August 10, 2000.
- Texas Eagle Performance Contributes to Record Breaking Summer for Amtrak - August 10, 2000.
- Amtrak Continues Record-Setting Growth for Ridership and Revenue. - January 17, 2001.