Content provided as an educational volunteer effort of the
American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation (APRHF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Please help support the preservation and promotion of passenger rail heritage.
Join the APRHF today!
Website hosting made possible by our sponsors.
Central Diesel Locomotive Roster
Showing remaining units in original IC black paint scheme
This Page Updated as of
May 31, 2011
- Units known to be recently stored serviceable are in grey text. (Removed from list when retired, stored heavy-bad-order, or sold.)
- Hover mouse pointer over notes to see additional
|1000-1005, 1007, 1009-1011, 1015-1038
|1497, 1505, 1506
|3101-3103, 3106-3108, 3117, 3129, 3138
|6201-6204, 6250-6252, 6259
|Remaining IC Locomotives
- IC 100, 101 are former BN 9901, 9904 respectively.
- IC 1000-1003, 1018 were painted at EMD, 1004-1017, 1019 were painted at
VMV at Paducah. All have conventional cabs. These are the first brand-new locomotives
ordered since 1975. Second order (1020-1039) delivered 1Q99 was built at Super Steel in
Schenectady, NY and painted at GE/Alstom (old E-L shops).
- SW13, SW14, SD20, GP10, GP11, GP40R, and SD40-2R are IC's model
designations for rebuilt locomotives from Paducah Shops.
- IC 3140 is ex-CNW GP50 5051, acquired from National Railway Equipment.
Externally it looks like a GP50, but has been derated to 3000hp and GP40-3 designation.
- Ex-IC (pre-merger) SD40.
- Ex-IC (pre-merger) SD40A. IC was the only road to order these
extended-frame locos. They have SDP45 frames and 5000 gallon fuel tanks.
- IC 6034 was rebuilt from GM&O 920 after wreck. It has Dash-2
electrical standards, original SD40 frame. It also has a Paducah-Geep style low nose.
- IC 6050-6070 are ex-GM&O 901-921.
- IC 6071 is ex-GM&O 950, nee-EMD 434, which is the prototype SD40
(originally designated SD35X) and is built on an SD35 frame.
- 6072 is former CNW 6844, acquired from National Railway Equipment.
- 6100-6160 are ex-BN 6708-6772 (excludes 6714, 6760, 6765 and 6767).
6100-6143 had their dynamic brakes removed, 6144-6160 retained their dynamic brakes, but
- 6200's are former SD40-2 units rebuilt with next-generation
- SD40-2R models were former SD40 and SD40A models rewired to Dash-2
electrical standards by VMV at Paducah during 1995. All remaining dynamic brakes (on
ex-GM&O units) were removed.
- All 17 SD20s are currently off the property on a ten-year lease to
National Railway Equipment Co. (NREX).
- IC 9560-9574 are ex-GM&O 740-754, which are the last locomotives
ordered by the GM&O.
- IC 9600-9639 are the first brand-new locomotives ordered by ICG in
1974. These once carried names of historical figures connected with the railroad.
- IC 6030-6033 are the last brand-new locomotives ordered by the ICG in
1975. These once carried names of historical figures connected with the railroad.
Back to Top