Content provided as an educational volunteer effort of the
American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation (APRHF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Please help support the preservation and promotion of passenger rail heritage.
Join the APRHF today!
Website hosting made possible by our sponsors.
Eastern Washington, the Idaho Panhandle, and Montana
- Restoration of the North Coast Hiawatha.
- Establishment of a Portland/Seattle to Denver train via Spokane,
Missoula, Helena, Billings, and Casper with links to the proposed Texas Zephyr.
- Establishment of through service from Alberta, through Montana to
both Salt Lake City and Denver.
- Establishment of frequent service from Western Washington and
Portland to Eastern Washington and North Idaho.
- Preservation and Restoration of historic rail stations such as East
- The creating of Intermodal Hubs at rail stations.
- Preservation and eventual restoration of the Homestake Pass rail line
and other valuable rail routes that are in danger.
- Continued usage by Amtrak of the Spokane Intermodal Terminal.
- Establishment of a network of Thruway bus connections to expand
- Transit Improvements throughout the area.
- Preservation of the history and significance of the Milwaukee Pacific
Southern Idaho and Utah
- Creation of a new long distance train from Vancouver, BC to Los
Angeles via Boise, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas bring back service dropped in
- Construction of a new Intermodal Terminal in Salt Lake City.
- Establishment of through service from Salt Lake City to Alberta via
Idaho Falls, and Butte.
- Establishment of frequent service from Southern Utah to Logan and
from Provo to Boise.
- Establishment of a network of Thruway busses to increase Market
- Establishment and expansion of commuter rail service along the
- Expansion of TRAX light rail lines, and begin planning for rail
transit in the Boise area.
- Improvements to other transit systems in the states.
- Creation of a long distance hub at the Ogden Union Station
- Restoration of rail service through Southern Wyoming from Ogden to
- Establishment of long distance service from Denver to Billings with
service to Western Washington and Alberta.
- Establishment of a network of Thruway bus service.
- Improvements to transit systems in the state.
- Preservation and restoration of rail stations.
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|
Visit our Rail Magazine promotion trading partners:
(Click here to add your print rail magazine.)
About Us |
Contact Us |
Advertise With Us |
Silver Rails Country for Train Enthusiasts
View TrainWeb.US Stats
| Page updated:12/22/2018
| Version 2018l22b
| ©2015-2019 NordiLusta, LLC