Proposals -- Western Long-Distance Trains
- Trains of the North Pacific
Corridor 22 October 2001
- Spokane to Denver Train -- 19
- Condensed schedule showing
suggested new routes and major changes to existing routes
- Route matrix of all Western
- The Starlight Zephyr
- Los Angeles CA - Las Vegas NV - Salt Lake City UT -
Portland WA - Seattle WA - Vancouver BC
- The Desert Zephyr
- Los Angeles CA - Las Vegas NV - Salt Lake City UT
- Denver CO - Omaha NE - Chicago IL - Toronto
- The Texas Zephyr
- (Vancouver BC - Seattle WA - Portland OR) - Salt Lake City
UT - Denver CO - Oklahoma City OK - Dallas/Fort Worth TX -
Houston TX - New Orleans LA
- The Pioneer Zephyr
- (Vancouver BC - Seattle WA - Portland OR) - Salt Lake
City UT - Denver CO - Omaha NE - Chicago IL
- The California Zephyr
- Los Angeles CA - San Jose CA - Oakland CA -
Sacramento CA - Reno NV - Salt Lake City UT - Denver CO -
Chicago IL - Toledo OH - Cleveland OH - Buffalo NY -
Albany NY - Boston MA
- Starlight Zephyr and Desert Zephyr run as a single train between Los
Angeles and Ogden.
- Starlight Zephyr, Texas Zephyr and Pioneer
Zephyr run as a single train between Vancouver BC and Ogden.
- Ogden will act as a hub for Utah.
- The station tracks at Ogden are not on the main freight routes so
the cars can be switched here with out any problem. This moves all the
switching to Ogden and makes for a simples and cheaper station layout in Salt
- The California Zephyr returns to Ogden, and all
transcontinetal trains in Utah run the full length of the Wasatch Corridor
(Ogden-Salt Lake City-Provo).
- In Ogden, the old Rio Grande apporach to the station will be
used, allowing the station to be approached from both ends by trains coming
from or going to Salt Lake City.