Kentucky-Indiana Rail Advocates Mission Statement
As Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee prepare for the new century, it is
apparent that better forms of Public Transportation need to be developed
for their citizens. Considering current environmental and economic
factors, modern rail transportation is an obvious solution.
Both the Kentuckiana Rail Task Force(K.R.T.F.) and the Tennessee
Association of Railroad Passengers(TARP), are sister organizations working
together in the development and restoration of passenger rail service in
the mid south.
Our Accomplishments Include:
- Public Support in the development of a M.I.S. study on transit
alternatives for Metro Louisville, Kentucky
- Participation in a Commuter Rail Demonstration in Nashville,
- Exhibits at the Kentucky State Fair and other expositions
- Operation of numerous passenger awareness excursions on the Nashville
and Eastern Railroad including Easter and Santa trains.
- Support Services for Amtrak for the Chicago to Louisville Thruway Bus
- Continuing liasion with Amtrak and the National Association of
Railroad Passengers to encourage new services to our states.
Current Projects Include
- The development of expanded thruway bus connections to the current
Amtrak system in the South and Midwest
- Developing cooperation between our states and various inter state
rail compacts including high speed rail and intermodal services
- Improved funding for expanded Amtrak, Commuter and Light Rail
Future Goals include the restoration of passenger train
services to our major communities in our states including Louisville,
Nashville, Lexington, Knoxville and Chattanooga to points in the Midwest
and Deep South.
Climb Aboard For the Future Join Us
Joint Membership is available for only $10 per year please indicate your
home state of membership. You will receive our newsletter and be notified
of all meetings and special events. Plese write your respective state
group and join today.
|Kentuckiana Rail Task Force
P.O. Box 576
Louisville, KY 40204
||Tennessee Association of Railroad Passengers
610 W. Due Street
Madison, TN 47115
Working together to restore passenger trains in the mid south
Back to home page